Thursday, April 27, 2006

Babylon 5



Babylon 5 is now available on DVD - and by Babylon 5, I don't just mean the series, or the films, I mean the whole shooting match - even the follow-up series, Crusade!

Much like my post about podcasting, it's odd when you're cut off from quality media in your own language. OK, films are available, one-way-or-the-other but you don't always want to watch feature films. Sometimes you just want television and radio programmes.

Now I probably shouldn't be getting too excited about this because I've seen most of it before but it's just too exciting. It's a really well put together set and well worth the money for 41 DVDs.

Sadly, there is one downside. I've started watching this as I'm sofa-bound with a crippling pulled quadriceps muscle injury in my right leg and I've realised that one of the discs is missing and one disc is duplicated. My appeal to Amazon (who sent me the 41 disc set from the UK) to send only the missing disc has fallen on automated ears who have dispatched a whole new set of 41 discs out to China. They're paying for all the postage so there's no quibbling but points deducted from Amazon for lack of a personal customer experience.

No comments: